- CALICO'S new single “Never Really Gone” is featured in the opening episode of NBC’s new prime-time drama THE NIGHT SHIFT. The gorgeous final track of their album is currently available for download on Bandcamp. And check out the new lyric video .
And while were at it, CALICO just celebrated their one year anniversary. In their first year together, they collectively wrote and recorded their 8 song EP, toured the U.S. playing over 130 shows (including the just concluded Stagecoach Music Festival - Coachella's country and americana offshoot - with special guests RAMI JAFFEE & CHRIS SHIFLETT of THE FOO FIGHTERS), and closed the year out by receiving the “National Touring Artist Of The Year” award at the Los Angeles Music Awards.
Well done Ladies of the Palm desert!
- KIRSTEN PROFFIT's new solo song "Walk On" landed a coveted slot in the soundtrack for the new feature film Walk of Shame. The comedy stars ELIZABETH BANKS (The Hunger Games, Pitch Perfect) and JAMES MARSDEN, and was directed by Steven Brill.
The soundtrack also features "Call Me Maybe" by CARLY RAE JEPSON, "Up All Night" and "Let's Go Home" by BEST COAST, "WhooHoo" by ELI "PAPERBOY" REED and the classic WANG CHUNG track "Everybody Have Fun Tonight". "Walk On" was written by Kirsten and Calico teammate MANDA MOSHER.
- "Beautiful Lie" the lead single off of CALICO THE BAND's debut album was featured in ABC TVs prime time drama Nashville. The song was written by Calico and PETE DROGE, and features JAMIE WYATT on lead vocals.
- Icelandic singer-songwriter KALLI has released his first U.S. single with a little help from southern Californian KIRSTEN PROFFIT. "Road Trip" is a beautiful journey joining together voices and feelings from distant shores, with sentiment that crosses all borders. Released worldwide by Broken Arrow.
- To add visual dynamics and put a melody behind their message, TetherBlock™ brought in singer-songwriter and Broken Arrow client KIRSTEN PROFFIT for a promotional video for their new product rollout.
TetherBlock, a company that makes an accessory for people who shoot camera to computer, captured Kirsten performing in a live/studio setting to show the product in action, and as well used her song “Whatever That Means” as background audio. A good, low-cost example of using music to further the message…
"Something special is going on here. My Devotion is one of the '10 Best Albums of the Year'"
- Music and More
- The Orange County (L.A.) Music Awards “Female Vocalist of the Year” winner has completed her sophomore release My Devotion. KIRSTEN PROFFIT’s debut release Lucky Girl with Broken Arrow had an impressive run at Triple A radio stations nationwide, and landed placements on TV (Friday Night Lights, Smallville, Melrose Place 2009, One Life to LIve...), in corporate branding programs (Wyndham Hotels, Fender Guitar, Regal Cinemas) and in numerous promotional programs. Her knack of crafting melodic, hook-filled pop/rock songs is evident again on My Devotion and will further position her into a wide-ranging fan base and branding appeal.